SBI Clerk Recruitment Notification 2023-The State Bank of India (SBI) has recently released a recruitment notification for the post of Junior Associate (Customer Support & Sales). Around 8283 vacancies have been announced by the country’s largest public sector bank under this recruitment drive.
The SBI Clerk exam is conducted annually and thousands of candidates apply for the prestigious job profile offered by SBI. The selected candidates are absorbed as clerks across the vast branch network of SBI across India.
Let us look at the key details regarding the SBI Clerk recruitment 2023 notification:
SBI Clerk Vacancy 2023
- This year a total of 8283 vacancies have been announced for SBI Clerk recruitment. This is one of the highest vacancy numbers in recent years.
- The vacancies are spread across different states in SBI’s network:
- Andhra Pradesh – 596
- Telangana – 454
- Madhya Pradesh – 532
- Chhattisgarh – 200
- Bihar – 567
- Jharkhand – 227
- Odisha – 481
- Uttar Pradesh – 1247
- Uttarakhand – 146
- Rajasthan – 1046
- Punjab – 696
- Chandigarh – 40
- Himachal Pradesh – 217
- Jammu & Kashmir – 85
- Delhi – 314
- Haryana – 532
- Assam – 258
- Arunachal Pradesh – 63
- Manipur – 26
- Meghalaya – 131
- Mizoram – 20
- Nagaland – 75
- Sikkim – 45
- West Bengal – 893
- Tripura – 117
- Maharashtra – 1049
- Goa – 55
- Gujarat – 853
- Kerala – 407
- Tamil Nadu – 1021
- Karnataka – 925
- Andaman & Nicobar – 14
- Lakshadweep – 7
- Dadra & Nagar Haveli – 2
- Daman & Diu – 5
To be eligible for SBI Clerk recruitment 2023, a candidate must fulfil the following criteria:
- Age Limit – The candidate must be between 20-28 years as on 01.04.2023. Relaxation in upper age limit is applicable as per govt norms.
- Educational Qualification – Graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized university. Knowledge of computers is mandatory.
- Application Fee – SC/ST/PWD candidates – Rs 175. All other candidates – Rs 750.
- Language Proficiency – Candidate must be proficient in official language of the state he/she wishes to apply for. Eg. Hindi, Punjabi, Gujarati etc depending on state vacancies.
SBI Clerk Exam Pattern 2023
The selection process will involve:
1. Preliminary Exam
- It will be an objective type multiple choice exam of 100 marks containing 3 sections – English, Quantitative Aptitude, and Reasoning Ability.
- The exam will be of 1 hour duration.
- Each section will have 30 one-marks questions. For incorrect answers, 0.25 points are deducted.
- Candidates will be shortlisted for the main exam based on their score in prelims exam.
2. Mains Exam
- The main exam will also be an objective MCQ based test of 2 hours 40 minutes duration.
- It will contain 4 sections – General/Financial Awareness (50 marks), General English (40 marks), Quantitative Aptitude (50), and Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude (60 marks).
- Candidates have to clear sectional cut-offs as well as aggregate cut-off to qualify for the next stage.
3. Shortlisting for Merit List
- Based on the marks obtained in the Main exam, candidates will be shortlisted for provisional allotment.
- The final merit list takes into account marks obtained in Main exam as well as qualifying score in prelims exam.
- The category wise and state wise merit list will be prepared based on vacancies available.
4. Document Verification
- Shortlisted candidates are called for document verification where eligibility criteria and other details provided by candidates will be verified.
- Medical tests will also be conducted to ascertain candidate’s fitness standards for the job role.
- Final appointment is subject to satisfactory document verification and medical tests.
How to Apply for SBI Clerk 2023
Eligible candidates can apply online by following these steps:
- Go to SBI’s career portal https://ibpsonline.ibps.in/sbijaoct23/ and click on the link for Recruitment of Junior Associates.
- Document – https://sbi.co.in/documents/77530/36548767/161123-JA+2023-Detailed+Advt.pdf/926d28be-7df8-36f3-7113-344404668498?t=1700129762521
- Click on the ‘Apply Online’ link and register your details to get login credentials.
- Login using credentials, fill the application form and upload documents such as –
- ID Proof
- Educational certificates
- Experience certificates
- Pay the applicable application fee online using credit/debit card, net banking or UPI.
- Print the final submitted application form containing unique registration number. This will be required for future reference.
- The last date to apply online is 7 December 2023.
SBI Clerk Salary and Perks
The starting basic pay for SBI Clerk post is Rs 19900 (Cell 1 in Pay Matrix Level 2) plus allowances as per 7th Pay Commission and other benefits like:
- Dearness Allowance (DA)
- House Rent Allowance (HRA)
- City Compensatory Allowance (CCA)
- Medical Allowance
- Conveyance Allowance
- House Maintenance Allowance
- Entertainment Allowance
This amounts to an approximate total monthly salary of Rs 29,000 – Rs 30,000 for a newly joined SBI Clerk.
Additional perks include facilities like housing loan at concessional interest rates, car loan, lifetime pension, medical benefits for family etc.
The SBI Clerk recruitment notification 2023 offers a golden opportunity for graduates seeking a stable government job in the banking sector.
With over 8000 vacancies on offer across various states, it significantly improves the selection odds for aspiring candidates.
The exam pattern is quite transparent and preparing systematically can help candidates clear this exam.
Selected candidates can look forward to a rewarding career with ample growth prospects and an attractive pay package.
Interested candidates must apply online at the earliest and utilize the remaining time to prepare diligently for the prelims and mains exam.