Erling Braut Haland (ne Haland) is a Norwegian professional footballer. He plays as a striker at Borussia Dortmund, the German Bundesliga club, and for Norway’s national team. Haaland is a prolific goal scorer and is known for his speed, athleticism, and finishing ability. He is considered to be one of the greatest strikers in international football.
Haaland began his career in 2016 at Bryne, his hometown club. He moved to Molde the next year and spent two seasons there before signing with Red Bull Salzburg in January 2019. He won two Austrian Bundesliga titles at Salzburg and one Austrian Cup. Haaland was the first teenager to score in five consecutive UEFA Champions League matches in the 2019-20 season. He transferred to Borussia Dortmund in December 2019 for an estimated fee of EUR20 million. Haaland was also awarded the 2020 Golden Boy award. He was a key part of Dortmund’s DFB-Pokal win in 2020-21. He also won the Bundesliga Player award for the season and was the Champions League’s top scorer.
Norway’s youth level representative was Haaland. After scoring nine goals in one match, Haaland won Haaland’s Golden Boot at the FIFA U-20 World Cup 2019. In September 2019, he made his international senior debut.
|Your birthdate||July 21st 2000|
|Length||1.94m (6 ft 4in)|
|Team||Borussia Dortmund Club Overview|
Haaland was born 21 July 2000 in Leeds (England), as his father Alf Inge Haland was playing in the Premier League for Leeds United at the time. At the age of three, Haaland moved to Bryne in Norway, where his parents lived. Haaland was a keen football player from an early age. He also played handball, golf and track and field as a child. In 2006, he also set a new world record for his age group in the standing long jump with a distance of 1.63m.
Haaland is the son Alf-Inge Haland (Norwegian former Nottingham Forest, Leeds United, Manchester City defender) and Gry Marita Braut, a former women’s heptathlon competitor. Jonatan Braut Brunes is his cousin and plays forward for Lillestrom. Brunes, at 15 years, 9months, and 9 days old, became the youngest ever player to play for Bryne against KFUM Oslo, on 16 May 2016. This beat the Haaland record of four days earlier. Albert Tjaland, his younger cousin, is also a footballer. He scored over 60 goals in less than 40 games with Molde’s youth soccer team. Haaland said that his dream was to win the Premier League together with Leeds in a interview with Norwegian newspaper Aftenposten. The music video for “Kygo Jo”, which Haaland recorded with his Norway U-18 teammates Erik Botheim, and Erik Tobias Sandberg was uploaded to YouTube on 30 August 2016. The video had been viewed over 8.2 million times and received 250 thousand likes by 2020.
Haaland stated that he enjoys meditation. In celebration of his second goal in Dortmund’s Champions League match against Paris Saint-Germain, in February 2020, Haaland mimicked a “zen” posture in reference to his meditation practice. After the first leg, Dortmund lost and was eliminated. PSG’s scorer Neymar mimicked Haaland’s celebration and most of the French club’s players joined in the imitation of the “zen” pose during their celebrations after the match. According to reports, this was done to mock Haaland for a rumored social media post in which he called Paris “his city” prior to the match. Although some sources suggested that Haaland’s post was fake, he maintained that he wasn’t bothered by the PSG celebrations. He stated: “I think that they helped me to get meditation out there in the world and show the entire world that meditation is important so I’m grateful.”
Haaland cites Jamie Vardy, Robin van Persie and Sergio Ramos among his inspirations.
Ten Facts about Erling Braut Haaland
- Erling Braut haaland (born 21 July 2000) plays football. He is currently 19 years old. His zodiac sign, Cancer, is also his age.
- He is an athlete with impressive height. At 6′ 4″, he stands at 1.94 meters tall.
- It is not possible to determine Erling’s exact net worth. His salary in 2020 is PS130,000, and his market value is EUR60million.
- Erling is single. Erling is not married or in a relationship. He is therefore more focused on his work than on a girlfriend.
- Haaland has an Instagram profile. He has over 2.2 million followers.
- Braut was the son of Leeds, England parents. Gry Martia is Braut’s mother. Alf-Inge Haland, his father, is the same.
- Alf-Inge, his father was also a professional soccer player. Haaland followed in the footsteps of his father. His siblings are unknown.
- Wikipedia is the Wikipedia of the player. Erling is Norwegian. He is also of white ethnicity.
- He began his football career in the 2015-2016 season. He played for Bryne Football Club during that time. Molde FK signed him in 2017.
- Braut joined Red Bull Salzburg, Austria on 1 January 2019. After his outstanding performances in the champions league, Braut was transferred to Borussia Dortmund prior to January 2020.