If you have been using lemon only for making various types of drinks, then now you know about some sweets made from it.
As soon as the name of lemon comes, a sour thing comes to mind. Lemon, which is rich in vitamin C, has a very sour taste and therefore people often prefer to make many types of drinks with the help of it. Not only this, it is also used to add a tanginess to the food. But have you ever tried to make sweets with the help of lemon? Perhaps such a thought would never have come to your mind.
However, if you want, you can also prepare some great desserts with the help of lemon. They are very easy to make, while their taste is quite different due to the lemon. If you are also a sweet lover and you like to eat different types of sweets, then you should try making some sweets with the help of lemon. So today in this article we are giving you some lemon desert ideas-
Make Lemon Pudding
If you are fond of eating pudding, then you can make lemon pudding.
Must read this- Lemons have dried up, so use this way in household work
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, kept at room temperature
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3 tbsp flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 eggs, (egg yolk in one bowl and egg white in another bowl)
- 1 cup milk
- zest of 2 lemons
- juice of 2 lemons
- Powdered sugar for dusting
How to make Pudding
- In a bowl, beat sugar with butter until creamy.
- Add the egg yolks to the bowl and beat until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, mix the dry ingredients – flour, baking powder and salt.
- Combine dry ingredients in a bowl of egg yolks and whisk.
- Now add lemon juice, lemon zest and milk and beat once again.
- Preheat oven to 325F and boil water in a pan.
- In the meantime, beat the egg whites well.
- Pour the beaten egg whites into a bowl of egg yolks. Using a spatula, very carefully add the whipped egg whites until it is blended together.
- Pour the mixture into individual bowls and place the bowls on the baking pan. Carefully pour hot water into the baking pan until it covers half of the bowl.
- Place the baking pan in the oven and bake it for 30 minutes or until the top is set.
- Dust some powdered sugar and serve.
Make Lemon Mousse
If you want to make a different dessert with lemon, consider making lemon mousse.
- 1/2 cup lemon curd
- 1 cup cold heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
Must read- Did you feel sour due to the increased prices of lemons? try these things
How to make-
- Combine lemon curd, cold heavy whipping cream, and powdered sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment.
- Beat it well for about 3-5 minutes.
- Now pour it into the glass and then cover it with plastic wrap.
- Keep in the fridge for at least 4 hours or overnight and let it cool.
In this way, you will easily get lemon curd in the market. But if you do not get it, then you can easily prepare it with the help of sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice, eggs and butter.
So now what would you like to make first with lemons? It will definitely let us know in the comment section of the Facebook page.
If you liked this article, then do share it and stay connected to read more similar articles on your own website with Harzindagi.
Image Credit- Freepik
Did you like this article?
Your skin and body are different just like you. It is our endeavor to bring you accurate, safe and expertly verified information through our articles and social media handles but still consult your doctor before trying any home remedy, hack or fitness tip. For any feedback or complaints, contact us at complia[email protected]