If your hair has become damaged due to hot wind, sweat or strong sunlight, then you should follow these tips given by beauty expert Dr. Bharti Taneja.
Strong sunlight and hot winds often cause damage and damage to the skin and hair during the summer season. Usually, women start paying attention to their skin care routine to take care of the skin, but ignore the hair, which results in dry and lifeless hair.
This is the reason that the problem of hair fall increases in the summer season and the hair also becomes frizzy. Most of this happens due to strong sunlight and heat stroke of the hair. That’s why we spoke to renowned beautician Dr Bharti Taneja to know what can be done to protect hair from sun-damage and take care of hair when sun-damaged.
Bharti ji says, ‘We don’t know immediately what damage has been done to the hair due to strong sunlight and hot winds, but when the hair starts becoming very dry and starts breaking, then we can feel that the skin is in summer season. Along with this, proper care of hair is also very important.
Bharti ji has also told us some simple ways to protect hair from sun-damage-
Must read: Is your hair sticky in summer? So try these trendy hairstyles
protect hair from UV rays
In the summer season, UV rays from strong sunlight are the main reason for hair damage. Although, it is necessary to protect the hair from them even in the winter season, but due to the strong sunlight in the summer, the scalp also sweats more, due to which the soil starts freezing in the scalp and it gives rise to dandruff.
Bharti ji says, ‘Hair is made of proteins, UV rays enter the hair follicles and reduce the protein and amino acids of the hair, due to which the hair starts falling due to roughness.’ That is why it is very important that whenever you go out in the sun, cover your hair properly with a cotton cloth. If possible, use an umbrella.
Use sulfate free shampoo
During this season the cuticles of the hair become open, due to which hot winds can easily damage the hair. That is why it is very important to smooth the hair cuticles. For this, you should use sulfate free shampoo and also use conditioner in the hair. You can also make conditioner at home. Bharti ji explains its method-
Must read this: After getting hair smoothing, take care of your hair like this
- 1 banana
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Put all the ingredients in a blender and blend well to make a paste.
- You apply this paste first on the roots of the hair and then on the length of the hair.
- All you have to do is keep this homemade hair conditioner on your hair for 5 minutes, after that wash your hair with water.
- Keep in mind that you have to wash the hair well, otherwise if the banana gets stuck in the hair, then the hair will stick together and start breaking.
Hair becomes dry in this season, so light massage of hair is very important. Bharti ji says, ‘Mix 5 drops of tea tree oil in coconut oil. By the way, in any oil, which can be used in the hair, mix tea tree oil in it and massage the head. By doing this, the blood circulation on the scalp gets better, due to which the hair cuticles also become smooth.
Avoid heating and chemical-rich products-
Women also use heating and chemical-rich products a lot for hair styling, but in this season, repeated heating and using chemical-rich products can damage your hair even more. Bharti ji says, ‘It is better to get permanent hair straightening done in one go than to do hair straightening every day. By doing this, there will be less use of chemicals and heating products in the hair.
other hair treatments
If there is a problem of sun-damage in the hair, then you should also use aloe vera gel, curd and honey etc. to fix them. Let us tell you that only all three contain natural moisturizers. If you apply any of these to your hair once a week, your hair will start to shine and dryness will also reduce.
Keep these things in mind
- In the summer season, trim the hair every 3 months. Due to sun-exposure, the problem of split hair increases, in such a situation, if you do not trim the hair, then hair growth can also stop.
- If you swim regularly, then wash your hair after swimming. If chlorine remains in the scalp, it damages the hair cuticles. It would be best that you swim only by wearing a swimming cap.
- After washing the hair with shampoo, wash the hair with water of black tea leaves. By doing this, the hair gets a unique shine.
- If you use gel for hair styling, then you should use mousse in the summer season. Hair becomes sticky with gel.
Hope you liked this information. Do share and like this article. Stay connected with Harzindagi to read more articles like this.
Image Credit: freepik
Did you like this article?
Your skin and body are different just like you. It is our endeavor to bring you accurate, safe and expertly verified information through our articles and social media handles but still consult your doctor before trying any home remedy, hack or fitness tip. For any feedback or complaints, contact us at [email protected]