If your home’s drain cover is dirty or rusty, you can clean it with these tricks.
Cleaning the house is very easy but cleaning the drain of the house becomes a bit difficult task. Often the drain gets clogged due to our small mistakes and due to this water starts filling in the house. Although, we clean the clogged drain easily, but due to water filling, the problem of rusting on the drain mesh arises.
Rust can ruin the look of your home. If the problem of rusting has also arisen in the mesh of your house, then today we are going to give you the tips to remove the rust from the drain net (Ways to Clean Rusted Floor Drain Cover) has been brought. With the help of which you can easily clean the rust.
Use lemon and baking soda
To remove rust from you on the drainpipe use of baking soda can do Because baking soda is such a thing that along with cooking, it is very useful in cleaning. But you can also use it to remove rust because its exfoliating properties are found inside baking soda.
You can use it directly on the rusted area. At the same time, if you want, you can also mix lemon with baking soda, let’s know how.
Do read this- There will be no more trouble in cleaning the drain pipe, just follow these tips
- 1 cup- hot water
- 1- lemon juice
- 2 tsp – Baking soda
- To use it, first put water in a bowl and add lemon juice, baking soda etc.
- Now mix these ingredients well and put it on the drain net.
- Then leave the net in this mixture for some time and after 10 minutes clean the net with the help of a brush.
- Your mesh will be thoroughly cleaned and it will also have a new shine.
use white vinegar
You can also use white vinegar to clean the rust. Because white vinegar is an effective thing for removing rust. You can easily find vinegar in any store. You can use vinegar to remove rust as well as for cleaning. But if your mesh is heavily rusted, you will need to soak the mesh overnight in the vinegar mixture. You can prepare vinegar mixture in this way.
- 1 tsp- white vinegar
- 1 cup – water 1 tsp – baking soda
- 2 tsp- lemon juice
- First you put water in a bowl and then add white vinegar to it.
- Then add lemon juice to this mixture as well. Then put the drain net in this mixture and let it remain like this for some time.
- Now clean the mesh with a brush. If the mesh still isn’t clean, you can clean the rust off the mesh by dipping aluminum foil in vinegar. ,How is aluminum foil made,
The third option you have for cleaning rust is salt. Although it may sound a bit strange to you, it is true that salt can clean the rust easily because the salt crystals work to soften and remove the rust. You can also use plain salt or you can make a mixture of it, let’s know how. ,Remove rust on wrought iron windows or other items with the help of these 10 tips and hacks,
- 1 tsp – salt
- 1 cup- lemon
- 1 cup- water
- 1- Bottle
- First of all, put salt in a bowl. Then add lemon juice and other ingredients to it.
- Your mixture is ready. You can use it to remove rust on the mesh.
how to clean drain grate
To clean the drain net, first of all you take out the mesh and clean the rust with the help of the above mentioned tips. After this, you put detergent powder in a bowl and then clean the mesh with the help of cloth.
Must read this- If the bathroom drain gets clogged, fix it with these tricks
Tips for removing rust from drain nets may come in handy. If you liked this story, then do share it on Facebook and stay connected with your own website Harzindagi to read more such articles.
Image Credit- (@Freepik)
Did you like this article?
Your skin and body are different just like you. It is our endeavor to bring you accurate, safe and expertly verified information through our articles and social media handles but still consult your doctor before trying any home remedy, hack or fitness tip. For any feedback or complaints, contact us at [email protected]